Sunday, November 18, 2007

Torture of Arrested Lawyers

This letter was sent to Pakistani and International newspapers:

When I read Asma Jehangir's report on the torture of arrested lawyers, I nearly threw up. I am shocked, angry and disgusted. The beating of lawyers that have caused medical complications; the stripping, torture and injections given to them; as well as the equal number of giant rats and cats as the number of lawyers in cells - rats as large as forearms as the description - is shocking and humiliating as a Pakistani citizen. Asma Jehangir has described these arrested lawyers as falling sick to fever, flus and pneumonia while being crammed in inhumane jail cells. They are emotionally and physically tortured and denied medication.
I am in awe of General Pervez Musharraf - he can fall asleep at night, while I am unable to even lull myself to nightmares.

No comments: